I believe that smoothies are a very easy and simple way to get your day to day nutrients while on the run. Being able to compact the essential fruits and vegetables to keep you going into one drink is a very enticing idea to me. In this article I'll be running through the necessary ingredients to craft my favorite smoothies. Feel free to take your own spin on any of them!
"Right Side of the Bed"
A great "wake up" smoothie to get your day going in the right way.
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk (or almond milk)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave)
We all have rough nights ...
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (supports digestive balance)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 banana (adds potassium and soothes stomach)
- 1/2 cup of spinach or kale (aids in alkalinity and detox)
- 1/2 cup of blueberries (antioxidants)
- tablespoon honey and cinnamon for taste
- couple ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil ( wakes up brain and supports the balance of glucose levels)
- 1 cup of coconut water (restore electrolytes)
A great mid day "pick me up".
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter (always Jif. Why wouldn't you get Jif?)
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2-3 ice cubes
Many mahalo, tropical vibes to be had in this mix.
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cup of pineapple
- 3/4 cup of mango
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp dried goji berries
- 1/2 tsp camu powder
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds sweetener
After a long and exhausting day, you deserve a sweet dessert.